172.6 Ha, Mokotua, Dairy.
Mokotua, 488 Lawson Road
* A much loved, well-sheltered dairy farm with an abundance of native bush and plenty of appeal.
* Prime dairy land in a summer safe area. While the hard work's all been done there's still plenty of room to make your mark and improve it further.
* This easily managed farm has:
* A brand new 10 year resource consent - offering a high level of certainty that'll be hard to match anywhere in Southland.
* New effluent system including ponds and a 60 day storage pond.
* Entered in the Environment Southland 2012 Environment Awards.
* Achieved 120,500kg MS in 2011-12 season (unusually dry but still green!!). Has gained momentum over the past four seasons with more in the tank. All grass and well sheltered by patches of native bush with title.
* Large three bedroom homestead.
A new second hand 36 aside herringbone dairy shed just built.
|Property Name||Rapid #: 488|
|Land area||Bush Area Hectare: 42, Hayable Hectares: 130, Area in Grass: 130 Ha|
|Location & services||Nearest Town: Invercargill, Location / District: Mokotua, Rural Delivery (Yes), Schooling Primary: Gorge Road, Bus Primary (Yes), Schooling Secondary: Invercargill, Bus Secondary (Yes)|
|Approx year built||1960|
|House Details||Lounge Room, Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry, Heating / Cooling and Insulation|
|Property features||Average rainfall (Average Rainfall/Climate: 1200)|
|Chattels remaining||2 x wood burners, Blinds, Drapes, Fixed floor coverings, Light fittings, TV aerial, Dishwasher, Curtains, Wash Taps, Domestic Water Pump|
|Fencing||Fencing - Type & Condition: 2 wire & 3 wire electric internals, post & netting boundaries|
|Land contour||Flat (ha: 172)|
|Subdivision - No Paddocks||Main: 45, Holding: 2|
|Soil Types||Te Tipua/Tisbury/Kapuka/Mokotua|
|Weeds / pests||All sprayed|
|Water supply||Bore at cowshed - 60 litres per minute, Domestic Water Source: Rainwater from roof|
|Effluent Disposal||By pods - 125Ha|
|Fertiliser||375kg 15K supertine super, 300 kg super ten on irragated area, 400kg lime per acre|
|Present Stock||347 cows|
|Milk Solids||Yr 1 Kg Milk Solids: 110000, Yr 2 Kg Milk Solids: 125000, Yr 3 Kg Milk Solids: 120000|
|Sheds||Main Shedding: 36 aside Herringbone, Haybarns: 1 x 4 bay double length, Other Shedding: Claf shed, implement shed, workshop|
|Stock & Plant Available at Valuation||No|